特色各具 - 主题鲜明 - 英美诗歌 - 翻译领悟
一. 愤懑在慨叹,无奈在言衷
We Wear the Mask
—— Paul Laurence Dunbar ( US. / 1872—1906 )
戴 着 吧 , 面 具 !
—— 保罗 · 劳伦斯 · 邓巴 ( 美 / 1872—1906 )
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
我们蒙着双目,我们盖着脸,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
我们戴着面具,我们谈笑谎言,
This debt we pay to human guile;
报应啊,人间城府,终要偿还;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
心哪,支离破碎,在流血,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
口啊,装腔作势,巧语万变。
Why should the world be over-wise,
为什么,我们要聪颖卓越,要智慧超然,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
要心中有数,所有泪水和伤感?
Nay, let them only see us, while
而且,而且,我们还要,还要啊,面具,
We wear the mask.
戴着面具,彼此看清,让那所有,一目了然。
We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries
Ah,主啊,非凡的主,我们那笑容,咳,是哭喊,
To thee from tortured souls arise.
向主哭啊,心灵苦,向主喊哪,由衷难。
We sing, but oh the clay is vile
Ye,主啊,伟大的主,我们高歌,我们点赞
Beneath our feet, and long the mile;
可脚下,脚下这秽土,污浊不堪,一望连绵;
But let the world dream otherwise,
面具,面具,还是戴着吧,面具
We wear the mask!
梦里,梦里,让这世界,仍在梦里!
|