打印 上一主题 下一主题

王尔德《自深深处》01

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-10-17 09:08 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 万宽 于 2015-10-17 09:19 编辑

Dear Bosie,
After long and fruitless waiting I have determined to write to you myself, as much for your sake as for mine, as I would not like to think that I had passed through two long years of imprisonment without ever having received a single line from you, or any news or message even, except such as gave me pain.
Our ill-fated and most lamentable friendship has ended in ruin and public infamy for me, yet the memory of our ancient affection is often with me, and the thought that loathing, bitterness and contempt should for ever take that place in my heart once held by love is very sad to me: and you yourself will, I think, feel in your heart that to write to me as I lie in the loneliness of prison-life is better than to publish my letters without my permission or to dedicate poems to me unasked, though the world will know nothing of whatever words of grief or passion, of remorse or indifference you may choose to send as your answer or your appeal.

After long and fruitless waiting I have determined to write to you myself, as much for your sake as for mine, as I would not like to think that I had passed through two long years of imprisonment without ever having received a single line from you, or any news or message even, except such as gave me pain.

在经过了漫长而徒劳的等待之后,我打算亲自给你写信,这既是为了你的缘故,也是为了我……
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|中国诗歌流派网

GMT+8, 2024-5-12 05:55