戴着吧 , 面具 !
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
我们蒙着双目,我们盖着脸,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
我们戴着面具,我们谈笑谎言,
This debt we pay to human guile;
报应啊,人间城府,我们要偿还;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
心哪,支离破碎,在流血,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
口啊,装腔作势,巧语万变。
Why should the world be over-wise,
为什么,我们要聪颖卓越,要智慧超然,
In counting all our tears and sighs?
为什么,我们要心中有数,所有那泪水和伤感?
Nay, let them only see us, while
为什么呀,我们还要,还要啊,透过面具,
We wear the mask.
透过面具,彼此看清,读懂,一目了然。
We smile, but, O great Christ, our cries
啊,主啊,非凡的主,我们那笑容,咳,是哭喊,
To thee from tortured souls arise.
向主哭啊,心灵苦,向主喊哪,由衷难。
We sing, but oh the clay is vile
啊,主啊,伟大的主,我们高歌,我们点赞
Beneath our feet, and long the mile;
可脚下,这脚下的秽土呦,污浊不堪,一望连绵;
But let the world dream otherwise,
戴着,戴着,还是戴着面具吧,
We wear the mask!
梦里,梦里,就让世界,仍在梦里吧!
|